Friday, January 30, 2009

Walgreens - 1/30/09

One of the things I'll be posting here are the amazing shopping deals I get. I want to share with other people ways they can also save money! So here's what I picked up this evening:



  • Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste, 6oz x 2, on sale for $2.99 each (used a $0.75/1 manufacturer coupon x 2, received a $2 Register Reward for each toothpaste - I did two transactions so I could get both RR's)
  • Puff's Plus tissues, 60 count x 2, $1.79 each (used Walgreen's flyer coupon making them $0.89/box, used $0.25/1 man coupon x 2)
  • Revlon Matte lipstick, $7.99 (used $2/1 man coupon, will send in for the Free After Rebate item in the January Easy Saver book making this transaction a profit of $2!)
  • Revlon Lip gloss, $7.49 (used $2/1 man coupon, was on sale as a BOGO - the lipstick being the "buy one" so I ended up getting this lip gloss for $1.75)
  • Hershey milk chocolate with almonds x 4, Hershey dark chocolate x 4, $0.81 each (used Wags coupon BOGO, used BOGO man coupon x 4 making all this chocolate FREE!)
  • Dove deodorant, 2.6 oz x 2, $3.29 each (used Wags coupon making them $1.99 each, used $1.50/2 man coupon)
  • Orajel cold sore brush, $8.49 (used $1/1 man coupon, will send in for the Free After Rebate item in the January Easy Saver book, will send in a manufacturer Free After Rebate form, making this a money maker of $9!!!)
  • Kraft Mayo, 32 oz, on sale for $2.99 (used $0.75/1 man coupon)
  • Sara Lee 100% whole wheat soft and smooth bread x 2, on sale for 2/$4
  • Red Baron Special Delux pizza x 2, on sale for 2/$5 (used $1/2 manufacturer coupon)
Total before coupons, RR's and rebates: $59.04
Total after coupons, RR's and rebates: $10.37
Total saved: $48.67 or 82%!!

Pretty impressive huh? If someone wants the Orajel let me know. I've never had a cold sore before and the only reason I bought it was because I'd make money doing it.

1 comment:

  1. April-
    you are my "hero shopper" ! :)
    what awesome deals. i have to start shopping the net for the manufacturer coupons more before i go shopping. (and remember to always check the Wallgreens' sales!)
    once i get my "Joy Filled Mom" website up and running, i hope you will be a contributor.
    those pictures of the kids are great. Vigo looks a lot like my brother Will did when he was little. I'll have to dig out pics to show you.
    have a super day,
    Kim Baerg

    ReplyDelete