Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why aren't you writing???

Well it has been quite a long time since I last wrote. Life just got really crazy about a month ago. I mean, everyone is busy. I think it would be quite the rare person to say they weren't. Just a ton of stuff going on all at once.

First off, the biggie. My mom became very ill right about the same time I last wrote something. It started off with her having pneumonia and her body just took a turn for the worst. She has previous health issues (a liver transplant but the disease came back in the new liver) and this complicated matters. She was in ICU for almost 3 weeks. At one point the outlook seemed grim and we didn't think she would pull through. Her kidneys stopped working, she was under sedation and on a breathing tube. It was like one bad thing after another. But slowly, day by day she started to heal and just today she was released from the hospital and moved to a rehab clinic so she can start the process of walking again. From all the illness and being immobile for so long, her body got so weak and it is a lot of work and effort just for her to stand and walk a few feet. So she is getting physical therapy every day and growing stronger. Hopefully she will be back home in a couple weeks. She still has pneumonia but will be on an anti-biotic for 6-8 weeks to hopefully knock it completely out. I just bought a plane ticket this evening to go out and help her in about 3 weeks. Once she's home she will need a lot of help around the house so I really want to be there for her. I'm going to miss my kids like crazy though! I've only ever been away from the both of them for 24 hours at a time so this is going to be hard on everyone.

I haven't actually done a lot of shopping this past month either. I did hit up Target last week and scored really well on Pull-ups. They were on sale for $8.99 and I had two $5/1 coupons from mailers and a $2/1 coupon. Then Target had a special that if you bought 3 packages you got a $5 gift card. AND I will send the receipt into the Caregiver's Marketplace and get $0.75 back per package. So after all is said and done I paid $2.57 a package! Not shabby at all. My son is completely potty trained now however I still put a pull up on him at night just in case. He wakes up dry but I guess I just think it's too good to be true and the one night I don't put a pull-up on him he's going to wet the bed! I figure whatever he can't use my daughter certainly can. I will probably start actively potty training her in a couple months. She's been going potty since she was 16 months old but I just didn't have the energy to pursue it further than plopping her on the potty when it's convenient for me.

Now I need to go and distract myself with some television. Damian decided to "re-apply" the tiles in the bathroom because they are separating from the wall from water getting behind there. There's crashing....and well, that's usually not good. All I can envision is him walking down the stairs and telling me we are now remodeling our ONLY bathroom. YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment