Monday, April 18, 2011

Walgreens Shopping 4/18/11

It certainly has been a loooong time since I posted on this blog. I haven't been doing much of the Walgreens shopping but still use lots of coupons and try my best to save as much money as possible.

I did do some Walgreens shopping today though! With baby #3 on they way and rumored diaper price increases this summer, I've been trying to stockpile diapers. I'm not too picky on brand (except at night time, I only use Huggies or Pampers, storebrands are usually not good for overnights) and Huggies has had some awesome coupons out lately! So pair them with a sale at a store and you're really getting a good deal.

Here's what I ended up with today at Walgreens:


Transaction 1
  • Goody Ouchless hair accessory, $3 (received a $3 register reward making this free!)
  • Huggies diapers, on sale for $8.99, x 3 (used $3/1 x 3 manufacturer coupons, received a $5 register reward for purchasing $20 worth of product)
  • Duracell AAA 10 pk with bonus screwdriver, on sale for $5.99 x 2 (used $1.50/1 x 2 manufacturer coupons, received a $3 register reward)
  • Always liners, on sale for 2/$6 (used $0.50/1 x 2 manufacturer coupons, received $4 register reward for purchasing two of product)
Total before coupons and register rewards: $48.98
Total after coupons and register rewards: $20.98
Total saved: $28 or 57%


Transaction 2
  • Huggies diapers, on sale for $8.99, x 3 (used $3/1 and $2/1 x 2 manufacturer coupons, received a $5 register reward for purchasing $20 worth of product)
  • Goody Ouchless hair accessory, $3 (received a $3 register reward making this free!)
Total before coupons and register rewards: $30.18
Total after coupons and register rewards: $15.18
Total saved: $15 or 50%

Not the biggest deals I've ever gotten, but, diapers are NOT cheap and are only going to go up in price so getting 6 packs of diapers plus batteries, liners and hair accessories for a grand total of just $36.16 is still very good! Hoping there are some other great deals next week to use up these register rewards. Or, perhaps I can get some Easter basket things with them!

I have some other high dollar Huggies coupons that I hope to use at Target this week. My coupons are mostly $3.50 off a 60ct or larger and Target has a coupon in an insert that will give you a $5 gift card when you purchase 2 qualifying packages. Then I think I'll need to stop buying diapers until I evaluate how many of each size I have! (there's a stockpile in my basement right now too) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment