Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Walgreens on 2/17


  • Hershey Kisses, on clearance for $1.25 each x 8 (used $2/2 x 2 man coupons and sent in for the February Easy Saver Rebate #35 making all these bags of candy a total of $1!)
  • Yes to Carrots lip butter, on sale for $2.76 x 2 (used $1/1 x 2 Wags coupon, used $2/1 x 2 man coupon making these a profit of $0.48)
  • Revlon Creme lip gloss, on sale for $9.99 and BOGO (used $2/1 x 2 man coupon, sent in for the Free after rebate on one of these making this purchase a profit of $4!!)
  • Schick Quattro Titanium razors, 4 pack, on sale for $8.99 x 2 (used $3/1 x 2 Wags coupon, used $2/1 x 2 man coupon)
  • Walgreens premium diapers, 30 pack, $8.99 x 2 (used $3/1 x 2 Wags coupon, special promotion this month of $2 off when you buy 2 packs - no coupons needed, the register will deduct)
  • Glade Sense & Spray air freshener, on sale for $8.99 x 4 (used BOGO x 2 man coupon, used $4/1 x 2 man coupon, will send in for February Easy Save Rebate #28 for $12 back making this purchase a profit of $2.02!!)
Total before coupons and rebates: $112.45
Total after coupons and rebates: $17.49
Total saved: $94.96 or 84%!!!!

So the candy will definitely need to be scattered amongst people. There's no way I'd even contemplate eating 8 bags of Hershey kisses.

The Yes to Carrots lip balm is a fun score. I've never tried this brand before. Hope it's good!

The Revlon lip gloss was a HUGE score - a profit! This is another reason I don't run out and get the FAR items as soon as they're available. You never know what kind of sale is going to come up and this was a great chance to get TWO lip glosses for free and even make some money on it.

Damian needed the razors so that was a bit of a "splurge". Still I think I saved pretty good on them although I don't know for sure. I haven't priced compared them using a coupon at say, Target or Walmart. I'll have to look into that and make sure this is a good deal.

The Walgreens diapers....well, I bought the premium ones since they didn't have the regular ones on the shelves in the size I needed. Walgreens diapers are about the only generic diaper we will use since we've tried every other kind known to man and we don't like them (with exception to those Kirland diapers I mentioned in my previous freebies post). I haven't used these premium ones yet so I don't know the difference in them vs. the regular ones. I hope they are just as good or better. I don't like that they have fewer diapers then the regular pack because they are "premium" but I thought I'd at least try them and see what I thought. They came out to $4.99 a pack which comes to $0.17 a diaper. If you were to buy, say Pampers, in the same premium version with a $1/1 coupon (which is pretty typical) they'd come out to $0.30 a diaper. As you can see, buying generic is quite the savings. I don't recommend these for night-time wear but they are a great alternative for day usage.

The Glade Sense & Spray air freshners was another great example of how you can match sales with coupons with rebates. I got 4 of these and made $2!

This was a fun trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment